In the News
Program and Business Development Advisor
The Objective of the Role:
Greater Hands Foundation is a non for profit organization built strongly on faith that works with a diversity of stakeholders and communities with a vision to generate Love, Understanding and Hope amongst the handicapped to promote Virtues that will bring Joy and Happiness to the less privileged individuals within our communities.
Their mission is to apply strategic approaches to achieve Sustainable Economic Empowerment, Sound Environment, Gender Equality, Health, Good Governance, Accountability, Peace and corporate leadership through Capacity Building, Advocacy and Organized Strategic Development programs.
GHF is based in Ikom Local Government Area of Cross River State and is currently in a partnership with Cuso International to deliver on the Access to Quality Health Services project with a projected reach of over 5,000 women and youths.
In more detail, the volunteer will:
- Conduct a stewardship audit to identify past challenges to renewing institutional and individual donors.
- Assist GHF staff in developing a case for support for each core program.
- Identify and build relationships with foundations, multi-laterals and private donors who have not previously supported the work of GHF.
- Work collaboratively with the GHF team to write and submit funding proposals.
- Conduct an in-depth capacity assessment (CAP) of GHF for Cuso International
Essential Academic Qualifications
- A university degree in public relations, communication, marketing or related social science field
Essential Professional Background/Competencies
- At least 3 years related work experience in non-governmental organizations, development agencies, hospitals, community based organisations in fundraising, business development and/or program development.
Desirable Academic Qualifications
- A master's degree in business administration
The Benefits of Volunteering with Cuso International:
Cuso International covers the following costs:
- Return airfare and visa/permit costs
- Accommodation while overseas
- Modest living allowance while overseas
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- The cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while overseas and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and in-country training orientation
About Cuso International
Cuso International is a development organization that works to reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of highly skilled volunteers, collaborative partnerships and compassionate donors. We envision a world where all people are able to realize their potential, develop their skills and participate fully in society. We believe in the power of people, value diversity and take responsibility for our actions and proactively demonstrate that we work with and on behalf of others. Cuso International works in developing countries across the world. We currently have programs in eighteen countries.
Other Important Information:
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents
For more information about the role and the partner organization, please visit Cuso International’s “Current Placements” job board and view the individual posting for this role.
Fundraising: We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.
E-volunteering: Depending on the nature of the placement volunteers are encouraged to provide e-volunteering support to the local partner or Cuso International before or after the field placement.
If You Are Interested, We Want to Hear From You:
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.cusointernational.org and click on the ‘Volunteer’ tab, then the ‘Current Placements’ to apply directly.