In the News
Financial Management Advisor in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania for a placement period of twelve (12) months
The Objective of the Role:
The Business Management Advisor will work as part of the Tanzania Local Economic Development project which aims to increase the benefit to local communities in Tanzania of investment in agriculture and the extractives industries.
The Finance Advisor will work with the Small Industries Development Organization (SIDO), Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA) and Tanzania Women Chamber of Commerce (TWCC), to coach and mentor local companies in the mining supply chain to improve their financial management capacity and their ability to access financing, win contracts, budget and report financially.
The Financial Management Advisor will also coach SIDO, TCCIA and TWCC staff providing business support services to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to improve the quality of financial management support. Ultimately the role will contribute to local companies winning more contracts and employing more people and therefore ensuring a greater proportion of mining investment benefits local people.
- Train SME staff in simple financial and basic accounting
- Working with SME staff to develop sound financial processes for budgeting and managing expenditure
- Coach and mentor SIDO, TCCIA and TWCC staff to improve business support services.
- Develop tools and training materials with SIDO, TCCIA and TWCC staff that can be used in their business development services.
- Improve capacity of SMEs to win contracts with companies in the extractives and agriculture value chains.
Requirements needed for the Financial Management Advisor opportunity:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field
- Three years’ experience in developing financial management systems
- Ability to formulate and implement financial regulations, policies and procedures
- Good experience in establishing and supporting organization development
- Facilitation and training skills
- Other helpful education and experience backgrounds would include:
- Non disponible dans cette langue
- Experience of working on similar projects in a developing country
- Certified accountant
The Benefits of Volunteering with Cuso International:
Cuso International will help you with and provide you with the following for your placement…
- Return airfare and visa/permit costs
- Accommodation while overseas
- A modest living allowance during your placement
- Modest support for an accompanying partner and dependants who accompany you for placements of twelve (12) months or more
- Any costs related to required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program during your placement period and upon your return home
- Your travel and accommodation costs for Cuso International’s re-integration weekend
About Cuso International:
Cuso International is a development organization that works to reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of highly skilled volunteers, collaborative partnerships and compassionate donors. They envision a world where all people are able to realize their potential, develop their skills and participate fully in society. They believe in the power of people, value diversity and take responsibility for their actions and proactively demonstrate that they work with and on behalf of others. Cuso International works in developing countries across the world and currently has programs in eighteen countries.
Other Important Information:
Only open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents
For more information about the role and the partner organization, please visit Cuso International’s “Current Placements” job board and view the individual posting for this role, or click on the URL included in this posting if present.
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.
Depending on the nature of the placement, the volunteer might be required to provide e-volunteering support to the local partner or Cuso International before or after the field placement.
If You Are Interested, We Want To Hear From You:
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.cusointernational.org and click on the 'Volunteer' tab, then the 'Current Placements' to apply directly.