In the News
Donor Services Administrative Assistant
Posting Expires January 18, 2017. Thank you for applying.
As part of the Donor & Support Services team, the incumbent would be responsible for performing pledge and donation entry and tax receipt production, coordinate mailings lists, maintain electronic and paper files, provide reception and/or switchboard coverage, other processes when required and contribute to other Foundation priorities as needed.
The Winnipeg Foundation is looking for an individual who is highly organized and comfortable in a highly-computerized, fast-paced, dynamic office environment who has strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills, appreciates the importance of working well within a team as well as independently. Working under the guidance of the Director of Support Services, the Donor Services Administrative Assistant position will provide essential administrative, due diligence, and donation & pledge data processing services, support and analysis.
- Provide administrative support for donor stewardship activities that would include gift acknowledgements (including tribute and memorial cards), reporting from mail merged data sources, checking for accuracy in profile data and relevant profile and gift coding.
- Input gifts, create tax-receipts and prepare and circulate gift summaries.
- Maintain electronic and paper files including vital records and scanning as they relate to gift entry
- Maintain an up-to-date mailing list for major publications
- Assist with the logistics of special events or special mailings
- Assist the Donor Services Coordinator with administrative processes as needed
- Provide reception and switchboard relief on a rotation basis
Expectations of the Position:
- Create and maintain donor pledges
- Review daily summaries and on-line gift activity
- Monitor obituary listings and update status in FIMS data base
- Maintain routine, positional related documentation for the Support Services team
- Serve on the Records and Information Management Committee (RIMS)
- Participate on other internal committees as required
- Assume any other duties as they may be assigned
What you bring to the position:
- Can be comfortable in and work productively within a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Community knowledge is an asset but not a prerequisite.
- An ability to work without close supervision as well as within a team based structure is important
- You are someone who does not fear, and can easily embrace, change
- The opportunity requires someone with a strong administrative background with 3 to 5 years’ experience in a customer service environment
- This role requires someone who has a basic knowledge of how a registered charity operates
- You will have a basic understanding of fund accounting and a knowledge of the daily balancing required for gift processing
- The successful applicant will have some experience with tax receipting
- Some post-secondary education is expected
- Strong organization and planning skills with a high attention to detail; accuracy combined with speed and efficiency is paramount (for example, a donor’s wish to remain anonymous)
- Strong overall computer skills with a high comfort level with relational database technology, MS office applications (particularly Word Merging), using Excel to assist with activity reporting; ability to learn and be competent with digital records
Benefits of working for The Winnipeg Foundation:
The following benefits package is available to the successful applicant:
- Extended health, dental and insurance coverage
- Retirement Savings – Defined Contribution Plan
- Subsided monthly City of Winnipeg transit passes
- 3 weeks’ vacation along with 12 statutory holidays
- In lieu of overtime, permanent staff will have a 4-day work week during July and August
From volunteering at local organizations to donating to causes close to their hearts, each staff member has their own unique way of supporting the community.
The Foundation's Employee Charitable Contribution Committee (ECCC) encourages a culture of generosity in its work place by providing all employees opportunities to participate, including:
On the last Friday of every month, except July and August, staffs are encouraged to enjoy dressing more casually in the office in exchange for a gift. Total dollars raised from participants are matched by The Winnipeg Foundation and then granted to a local charitable organization each month.
Throughout the year, ECCC provides opportunities for Foundation staff to participate, as a group, in activities or events presented or hosted by local charitable organizations. Past opportunities have included painting a house, competing in a Dragon Boat race and serving a meal at a local shelter.
Employer Matching Program
All staff is encouraged to contribute to their own charitable fund established at The Winnipeg Foundation. The Foundation “stretches” contributions by 50%, up to $600 per year, per employee. The Foundation is proud to report that 100% of staff participates in this giving program.
If You Are Interested, We Want To Hear From You:
Please submit your resume directly to: email@example.com
If you require further assistance, please contact Shawn at ThirdQuarter - 1-855-286-0306 ext.311
Please note: Resumes submitted directly to the foundation will be disqualified from consideration.