In the News
Knowledge Management Advisor
The Importance of the Role:
This placement is to support Cuso’s partner in the area, Trias Philippines – Southeast Asia, in the implementation of its market interventions and inclusive program for family farmers and small-scale entrepreneurs Small-Scale Entrepreneurs through Organization Development and Capacity Building of their Member-Based Organizations (MBOs). These small-scale entrepreneurs are into different industries like food processing, handicrafts, services and others, while the farmers are engaged into value chains as pineapple, Manila hemp, dairy, cacao, muscovado sugar, etc.
The Objective of the Role:
The volunteer will support the MBOs to increase their knowledge management capacity across the organization in order to support documentation of local knowledge on production and agricultural practices and technical matters, best practices and technologies developed; support the development of information, education and communication materials for targeted groups including the sharing and dissemination of information through social media.
- Conduct field visits and meetings to the MBOs to familiarize self on the different activities of MBOs
- Review and understand the current knowledge management and documentation practices of each MBOs
- Support MBOs and work with staff to develop comprehensive processes and systems to create, capture, share and use knowledge within the organization to enable learning in line with objectives and plans of the organization, capacity building of the members and also promotion and external communication
- Coach and mentor relevant staff as leads on the implementation and delivery of new knowledge management systems
- Work with staff to develop and organize content for IEC materials
- Requirements needed for Knowledge Management Advisor opportunity:
- University Degree in Communications, Business Administration, Information Technology
- 3-5 years of experience in knowledge management
- Proficient with developing systems and tools to streamline business processes
Other helpful education and experience backgrounds would include:
- University Degree in Agricultural Development, Economics, Sociology
- Experience in technical writing, training and adult learning, popular education, monitoring and evaluation, organizational development, development of promotional materials
The Benefits of Volunteering with Cuso International:
Cuso International will help you with and provide you with the following for your placement.
- Return airfare and visa/permit costs
- Accommodation while overseas
- A modest living allowance during your placement
- Modest support for an accompanying partner and dependants who accompany you for placements of twelve (12) months or more
- Any costs related to required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program during your placement period and upon your return home
- Your travel and accommodation costs for Cuso International’s re-integration weekend
About Cuso International:
Cuso International is a development organization that works to reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of highly skilled volunteers, collaborative partnerships and compassionate donors. They envision a world where all people are able to realize their potential, develop their skills and participate fully in society. They believe in the power of people, value diversity and take responsibility for their actions and proactively demonstrate that they work with and on behalf of others. Cuso International works in developing countries across the world and currently has programs in eighteen countries.
Other Important Information:
Only open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents
For more information about the role and the partner organization, please visit Cuso International’s “Current Placements” job board and view the individual posting for this role, or click on the URL included in this posting if present.
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.
Depending on the nature of the placement, the volunteer might be required to provide e-volunteering support to the local partner or Cuso International before or after the field placement.
If You Are Interested, We Want To Hear From You:
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.cusointernational.org and click on the 'Volunteer' tab, then the 'Current Placements' to apply directly.