In the News
Campaign & Communications Advisor
The Importance of the Role:
Cuso’s partner in the region, La Unidad Administrativa Especial de Organizaciones Solidarias (The Special Administrative Unit for Solidarity Organizations) is a governmental entity that works towards promoting, encouraging, strengthening and developing solidarity organizations such as associations, cooperatives, local organizations, volunteer and community groups. Institutionally and structurally, they generate development throughout Colombia by supporting and strengthening organizations across different sectors as well as promoting volunteerism in Colombia.
The Objective of the Role:
The volunteer will support the partner in strengthening the promotion and visibility of volunteer activities in Colombia through a digital/online campaign and social media strategy implemented by Organizaciones Solidarias and the National Volunteering System (SNV for its acronym in Spanish). He/she will provide technical assistance to the regional chapters and public sector volunteer programs regarding the promotion of their activities and overall strengthen the SNV.
- Design a campaign and digital communications strategy for the SNV (Sistema Nacional de Voluntariado) with the aim of improving the visibility of volunteer activities and impacts in the country and at the regional levels, focused on youth involvement and peacebuilding
- Train the members of the SNV Coordination Committee to continue monitoring and promoting volunteer activities through social media and online campaigns
- Strengthen the culture of volunteering in Colombia through regular publications, communications pieces, testimonies, as part of the communications strategy
- Support the promotion of the National Volunteering event and provide coverage of the event
- Requirements needed for the Campaign & Communications Advisor opportunity:
- University degree in communications, graphic design, publishing or marketing
- Expert in communications with graphic design experience, social media management and digital marketing
- Experience planning and managing online campaigns, especially with NGOs or public entities
- Experience producing materials using graphic design software - illustrator, Photoshop or Dreamweaver
Other helpful education and experience backgrounds would include:
- Post-graduate degree in communications, media studies, or marketing, with a focus on online campaigns, digital marketing, social media use
- Experience working with volunteers or volunteer organizations, civil society groups and the public sector
- Creative person who can create communications strategy to promote volunteer actions, impacts and the value of volunteering for peacebuilding
- Experience training others on how to maintain and implement the communications strategy through workshops, small trainings, creating manuals
The Benefits of Volunteering with Cuso International:
Cuso International will help you with and provide you with the following for your placement:
- Return airfare and visa/permit costs
- Accommodation while overseas
- A modest living allowance during your placement
- Modest support for an accompanying partner and dependants who accompany you for placements of twelve (12) months or more
- Any costs related to required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program during your placement period and upon your return home
- Your travel and accommodation costs for Cuso International’s re-integration weekend
About Cuso International:
Cuso International is a development organization that works to reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of highly skilled volunteers, collaborative partnerships and compassionate donors. They envision a world where all people are able to realize their potential, develop their skills and participate fully in society. They believe in the power of people, value diversity and take responsibility for their actions and proactively demonstrate that they work with and on behalf of others. Cuso International works in developing countries across the world and currently has programs in eighteen countries.
Other Important Information:
Only open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents
For more information about the role and the partner organization, please visit Cuso International’s “Current Placements” job board and view the individual posting for this role, or click on the URL included in this posting if present.
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.
Depending on the nature of the placement, the volunteer might be required to provide e-volunteering support to the local partner or Cuso International before or after the field placement.
If You Are Interested, We Want To Hear From You:
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.cusointernational.org and click on the 'Volunteer' tab, then the 'Current Placements' to apply directly.