In the News
Volunteering can make a world of difference
CUSO International is an international development organization that works to reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of skilled volunteers. Each year, they place volunteers from North and South America in developing countries in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Latin America.
Volunteers collaborate with local partners on health, education, environment, social justice and livelihoods projects, sharing knowledge and experience to create sustainable change. ThirdQuarter is proud to support the efforts of CUSO.
There are a number of new roles with CUSO that are listed on their Careers Opportunities Page. There are opportunities in Laos, Columbia, Ethiopia, Jamaica and many other places around the world. Please check out the opportunities directly on their website as well.
Your role as a volunteer
Cuso International expects to secure funding to implement various projects/ programs in 2015 and onward. We are therefore looking to establish a pool of potential volunteers who will contribute to the start-up and implementation of these projects/programs. Start-up volunteers will support the development of country strategies, Logic Models (LM), and Performance Measurement Frameworks (PMF). They will also conduct research and analysis on organizational capacity, sustainable economic growth; access to quality health and other basic services as well as gender equality and social inclusion.
The volunteer will:
- Support the development of Cuso International Country Strategy and assess the capacity of selected partners to contribute to its implementation
- Support the development of country-specific Logic Model (LM) and Performance Measurement Framework (PMF) and contribute to baseline data collection efforts
- Assess the capacity of selected partners to host field volunteers and e-volunteers and develop placement documentation
- Conduct research on thematic priorities such as Sustainable Economic Growth; Access to Quality Health and other Basic Services; Gender Equality and Social Inclusion
- Review key program documents and/or provide e-volunteerting support to local partners and Cuso International before and after the field placement
Essential Academic Qualifications:
University degree in Administration, Business, Social Sciences or related field
Essential Professional Background/Competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in research, organizational development, project planning and management, monitoring and evaluation, preferably with community and civil society organizations, INGOs, national and local governments, or the private sector.
- National or international experience in at least one of these sectors: sustainable economic growth, natural resource management, health and other basic services, governance, gender and social inclusion.
- Demonstrated experience leading or working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Understanding of Gender Equality and Human Rights.
- Understanding of participatory approaches to development.
Click here for all open placements and for information on how to apply.