In the News
Career Transitioning in 2017
Recognize Your Skills
It’s easy to feel less than adequate when looking at the skills and qualifications required for some job postings. What many ‘third quarter’ job seekers sometimes forget is the varying and vast layers of skills and experience they bring to their employer, not only from previous positions but the school of life as well.
As a person you are:
- Abundant in soft skills: Customer-service focused, empathetic, remember how to say please and thank you, have stronger interpersonal skills.
- Ready to work on Day 1, bringing with you best practices, and a strong work ethic
- Open to training and personal development.
- Possess a combination of life and work experiences which are easily transferred to new jobs without expensive training courses or extensive on-the-job instructions.
- Less likely to job hop, offering stability to your organization.
- Comfortable with existing technology.
- Appreciate that a job is more than just showing up and collecting a pay cheque.
- Most likely represent a segment of a company’s customer base.
An experienced worker like yourself brings:
- Experience: With an understanding of what is expected and how your work affects others. A lifetime of mistakes and achievements provides a perspective on decisions that often leads to less costly, more streamlined and better outcomes.
- Perspective: The knowledge that comes from life and work experiences that helps you make critical and often innovative decisions.
- Adaptability: The baby boomer generation of workers has experienced more change in the workplace than any previous generation (global markets, technological advances, social media connectedness combined with societal changes).
- Responsibility: Greater degree of professionalism and work ethic. More willing to share ideas and lead by example.
- Commitment: Understand the need for arriving on time, regular attendance and conforming to company guidelines.
Contact us to learn more or discuss your options. To request an email download of our Tip Sheets please email: firstname.lastname@example.org